almost there… (seriously)

So the exhaust is on, the wideband o2 is installed and set, although I do need to recalibrate it. If I get some time to go over there over the weekend, I could actually start tuning I think. We’ll see.

Right now I get a signal from the wideband, but since I didn’t do the free air calibration in clean air, the sensor is all calibrated wrong. But the car has been sitting long enough that the air should be clean enough to calibrate. I still have misc. wires to connect, but that is all gravy (who really needs a tach anyway?).

My oil leak was embarrassingly enough fixed when I noticed that the oil filter was loose (duh). I also retightened all the sensors on the oil flange and the coolant side and I don’t appear to be leaking anywhere. (that I can see).

The new exhaust is much better sounding and quieter (main due to the fact that it is the correct size. the old one had the wrong sized cat on it and thus it was all lined up inccorectly.). This exhaust needs to be tweaked a bit, but nothing that an exhaust shop can’t fix in 20 min. It is also quieter due to the fact that we found the bolt to correctly hold down one of the timing belt covers, so it doesn’t rattle. THAT makes a world of difference.

It still smells rich as crap, but that will soon be fixed. I really hope to have it in decent enough shape for treffen…. we’ll see. I actually turned the insurance back on, so I must be feeling good about it!

No comments yet. Be the first.

Leave a reply